Want to try a bold lip color, but are a bit intimidated? Have an oily complexion, but don’t want to go totally matte? Well, this is the tutorial for you. Celebrity makeup artist Kira Nasrat knows how to perfectly apply a deep lip shade — and how to balance the rest of your makeup to best compliment it.
Here, she guides us through a bold lip makeup look, using products like our iconic MATTE Loose Mineral Foundation to keep oil at bay. If oil isn’t a concern for you, don’t worry — you can easily swap in ORIGINAL Loose Powder Foundation. But the “star of the show”, as Nasrat calls it, is MINERALIST Hydra-Smoothing Lipstick, our creamy, vegan lipstick that delivers rich, vibrant color.
Check out Kira’s video tutorial, and follow our steps to recreate it:
What to use for your bold lip look:
BAREPRO 16-Hour Full Coverage Concealer (DJ’s shades are Deep Neutral and Dark Neutral)
BROW MASTER Sculpting Pencil (DJ’s shade is Coffee)
MATTE Loose Mineral Foundation (DJ’s shade is Golden Deep 28)
The Blender Brush
LASTING LINE Long-Wearing Eyeliner in shade Endless Orchid
GEN NUDE Eyeshadow Palette in Neutral
LASHTOPIA Mega Volume Mineral-Based Mascara
GEN NUDE Powder Blush in shade You Had Me at Merlot
Dual Finish Blush & Contour Brush
Beautiful Finish Brush
STATEMENT UNDER OVER Lip Liner in shade Wired
MINERALIST Hydra-Smoothing Lipstick in shade Perception
Double-Ended Perfect Fill Lip Brush
How to get your bold lip makeup look:
- First, use BAREPRO 16-Hour Full Coverage Concealer to even out your skin. Use a slightly lighter shade of the concealer under your eyes to brighten.
- Fill in your eyebrows with BROW MASTER Sculpting Pencil. Use the spoolie end to brush out your brow hairs, and then fill in any sparse areas. Extend your brows at the end just a little bit.
- Prep your eyes by sweeping MATTE Loose Mineral Foundation over your entire eyelid using The Blender Brush.
- Apply a thick line of LASTING LINE Long-Wearing Eyeliner in shade Endless Orchid. Then, with your finger, blend the shade Tribe from the GEN NUDE Eyeshadow Palette in Neutral onto your lid. Finish your eyes by applying two coats of LASTOPIA Mega Volume Mineral-Based Mascara.
- If you have oily skin, apply GEN NUDE Powder Blush in shade You Had Me at Merlot by tapping it on (rather than sweeping) with the Dual Finish Blush & Contour Brush.
- Mattify the oily areas of the skin (typically the forehead, nose and chin) by applying MATTE Loose Mineral Foundation with the Beautiful Finish Brush.
- Line your lips with STATEMENT UNDER OVER Lip Liner in shade Wired. Then, fill in with MINERALIST Hydra-Smoothing Lipstick in shade Perception using the Double-Ended Perfect Fill Lip Brush.
- As a finishing touch, intensify the eyes a bit by applying another layer of LASTING LINE Long-Wearing Eyeliner in shade Endless Orchid.