Every year, it feels like there are dark Halloween makeup tutorials at every turn. We love getting inspired by someone’s vintage vampire look, but if your perfect moody makeup tutorial for Halloween sounds more like something that can be layered for bold vampy makeup or toned-down for just a hint of drama, you’ve just found it. Follow this makeup tutorial from style and beauty influencer Cristina Gomez for a look that has it all, from metallic eyeshadow to a berry-red lip.
To create this vampy Halloween makeup look, Cristina used:
GEN NUDE Eyeshadow Palette in Latte
The Blender Brush
BOUNCE & BLUR Eyeshadow Palette in Dusk
Expert Shadow & Liner Brush
GEN NUDE Metallic Liquid Eyeshadow in shade Fire Agate (Ulta exclusive)
LASTING LINE Long-Wearing Eyeliner in shade Absolute Black
LASHTOPIA Mega Volume Mineral-Based Mascara
GEN NUDE Powder Blush in shade You Had Me At Merlot
Seamless Shaping & Finishing Brush
BAREPRO Longwear Lipstick in shade Blackberry
Double-Ended Perfect Fill Lip Brush
To get the look:
- Starting with the eyes, use the GEN NUDE Eyeshadow in Latte, buffing the shade Solstice into your crease.
- Then, use your fingers to apply the shade Crimson Sunset from the BOUNCE & BLUR Eyeshadow Palette in Dusk, bouncing it over the entire lid. To build pigment and blend out the color, use the Expert Shadow & Liner Brush.
- For a pop of molten metallic shine, swipe GEN NUDE Metallic Liquid Eyeshadow in shade Fire Agate all over your lids, diffusing the color with your fingertips.
- Finish the eyes by smudging LASTING LINE Long-Wearing Eyeliner on the upper lash line, then add a few coats of LASHTOPIA Mega Volume Mineral-Based Mascara for soft, voluminous lashes.
- As a bonus step, you can add more of the Crimson Sunset shade underneath your eyes, finishing with a few coats of mascara on the bottom lashes.
- Use the Seamless Shaping & Finishing Brush to apply the GEN NUDE Powder Blush in shade You Had Me At Merlot, a rich berry wine shade, on the apples of your cheeks,
- To complete the look, use BAREPRO Longwear Lipstick in shade Blackberry, cleaning up the outer edges of your lips with the Double-Ended Perfect Fill Lip Brush.