From voluminous show-stopping dresses to intricate braided updos and shimmering dimensional eyeshadows, this year’s Golden Globe Awards show was full of memorable fashion and beauty looks. Inspirations ranged from outer space to Old Hollywood, which our Clean Beauty Ambassador, Hailey Bieber also channeled for the InStyle Golden Globes After Party. (Spoiler alert: this was one of the magazine’s favorite beauty looks of the night). Created using all clean, mineral-infused bareMinerals products, Hailey’s classic look offered a fresh spin on timeless beauty.
It was everything you’d expect from a nod to vintage glamour: “Sexy, sultry and fresh,” says Celebrity Makeup Artist Denika Bedrossian, the mastermind behind Hailey’s makeup for the evening. “We wanted it to look effortless and fresh to pair with her beautiful YSL dress.”
The dress she’s referring to was a beaded and sequined tuxedo-inspired number with a tied belt waist that gave a classic silhouette a modern update. Hailey paired it with gold-tipped stilettos, also by Saint Laurent, and finished her look with a pair of 15-carat diamond earrings from Tiffany & Co. and a fresh berry lip, courtesy of a new hydrating lipstick we’ll be launching soon (stay tuned for more details).
Seeing that the Golden Globes signifies the start of the awards season, there are plenty of opportunities in the months ahead to try your favorite red carpet looks at home — and trust us when we say Hailey’s clean vintage glam look is easy to replicate at home. In fact, it takes only a few products that you probably already have on hand. Below, follow Denika’s tutorial for a bareMinerals take on timeless Hollywood glamour.
What to use:
SKINLONGEVITY Vital Power Infusion Serum
PRIME TIME Original Foundation Primer
COMPLEXION RESCUE Hydrating Foundation Stick (Hailey wears shade Dune)
GEN NUDE Eyeshadow Palette in Latte
LASHTOPIA Mega Volume Mineral-Based Mascara
MINERALIST Hydra-Smoothing Lip Color in shade Fortitude – coming soon!
How to get the look:
- To prep her complexion for going almost foundation-free, Hailey started early in the day, applying SKINLONGEVITY Vital Power Infusion Serum all over her face for a boost of hydration.
- To prime Hailey’s skin for makeup, Denika always starts by smoothing on PRIME TIME Original Foundation Primer.
- For this look, Denika left Hailey’s skin looking fresh and natural, and applied COMPLEXION RESCUE Hydrating Foundation Stick only as a concealer, using her finger to gently warm the product and blend it around Hailey’s nose and eyes.
PRO TIP: Our multi-tasking foundation stick can be used as foundation, concealer or to contour. For more coverage, just apply a few swipes across your face and blend out with a brush or your fingers.
- To create a warm smoky eye look, Denika used the GEN NUDE Eyeshadow Palette in Latte, adding some clear gloss on top of the shadows for a bit of dewy shine.
- For the lashes, Denika chose our best-selling LASHTOPIA Mega Volume Mineral-Based Mascara, brushing it on in layers from root to tip.
- For a modern yet glamorous finish, Denika created a stained berry effect by tapping on a red shade of our soon-to-launch MINERALIST Hydra-Smoothing Lipstick. “No sharp lines, just effortless and clean,” Denika explained. “Almost like she just had a basket of berries.”