While on the awards show circuit, Hailey Bieber stunned with fresh, glowing makeup that softly defined and enhanced our Clean Beauty Ambassador’s features, giving a subtle nod to the neutral, warm hues popularized by the supermodels of the 1990s. Created using mineral-infused, good-for-skin bareMinerals products, the clean beauty look offset Hailey’s intricate, show-stopping Atelier Versace dress, sky-high Jimmy Choo heels, and dazzling Tiffany & Co jewels.
Celebrity makeup artist Mary Phillips says she channeled “90s vibes” for Hailey’s makeup look that starred strong eyebrows, an amped up “creamy nude” lip — created using a blend of our new MINERALIST Hydra-Smoothing Lipstick in shades Insight and Balance — and blurred winged eyeliner.
“I sketched the liner with an eyeshadow first to get the shape, then added pencil liner on top,” Mary said about her liner technique. “I used bareMinerals LASTING LINE Long Wearing Eyeliner in Absolute Black to make a smudgy wing.”
Mary reveals that she and Hailey watched the awards show together while prepping for the party, and that there was a super fun, lively vibe throughout the evening. Read on to recreate Hailey’s party-perfect clean beauty look.
What to use:
LASHTOPIA Mega Volume Mineral-Based Mascara
LASTING LINE Long-Wearing Eyeliner in Absolute Black
BOUNCE & BLUR Eyeshadow Palette in Dusk
LOVE EVERY LASH Micro Defining Mascara
BROW MASTER Sculpting Eyebrow Pencil in Honey
GEN NUDE UNDER OVER Lip Liner in Borderline
GEN NUDE UNDER OVERA Lip Liner in On Point
ENDLESS SUMMER Bronzer in Warmth
MINERALIST Hydra-Smoothing Lipstick in Balance
MINERALIST Hydra-Smoothing Lipstick in Insight
GEN NUDE Powder Blush in Let’s Go Nude
ENDLESS GLOW Highlighter in Free
GEN NUDE Powder Blush in Pretty in Pink
BOUNCE & BLUR Powder Blush in Pink Sky
How to get Hailey’s look:
- For Hailey’s eyes, Mary used the bareMinerals GEN NUDE Eyeshadow Palette in Latte, blending a soft, warm shade, Solstice, onto the eyelid with The Blender Brush, then under the eye with the Smoky Eye Smudger Brush for soft definition. She then added shade Spirit to the outer crease and corner for additional depth.
- Next, Mary lined Hailey’s top lash line with our LASTING LINE Long-Wearing Eyeliner in Absolute Black, smudging the wing with the Smoky Eye Smudger Brush. For added dimension, she also used the Evening Star shade from the BOUNCE & BLUR Eyeshadow Palette in Dusk.
- Mary used LASHTOPIA Mega Volume Mineral-Based Mascara on Hailey’s top lashes for a thick, fluttery look. She used LOVE EVERY LASH Micro Defining Mascara on the lower lashes as the ultra-skinny brush makes it easier to coat every last lash.
- Mary then shaped Hailey’s brows using the BROW MASTER Sculpting Pencil in Honey, along with The Brow Master Brush, to blend and brush brows into place.
- On the lips, Mary slightly over-lined right outside the lip line for a fuller look using GEN NUDE UNDER OVER Lip Liners in shades Borderline and On Point. Then, using the Double-Ended Perfect Fill Lip Brush, Mary applied MINERALIST Hydra-Smoothing Lipstick in two shades, Balance and Insight, to create the perfect creamy nude.
- For Hailey’s cheeks, Mary used ENDLESS SUMMER Bronzer in Warmth on contour areas to create dimension and a sun-kissed complexion. Then, she applied GEN NUDE Powder Blush in Let’s Go Nude in an upward direction along the cheek using the Blooming Blush Brush.
- Next, Mary applied GEN NUDE Powder Blush in Pretty in Pink with the Dual Finish Blush & Contour Brush, tapping BOUNCE & BLUR Powder Blush in Pink Sky over the cheeks with her fingers for a fresh flush glow.
- To create a glowing highlight, Mary then lightly dusted ENDLESS GLOW Highlighter in Free down the bridge of Hailey’s nose and on the high points of her cheeks with the tapered Diffused Highlight Brush. Mary finished Hailey’s face and body with DEW MIST Shimmering Setting Spray to set the makeup and hydrate her skin with a light iridescence.
- For those looking to try this look at home, here’s a bit of Mary’s best DIY advice: “Start slowly. It’s easier to add then remove.”
Want more Hailey looks? Over the past few months, our Clean Beauty Ambassador has had her fair share of red carpet beauty moments, from her iconic Met Gala winged eye and pink gown combo to her unforgettable Golden Globes After-Party glam. Most recently, she opted for a more personal take on clean beauty for a film premiere, where she wowed with an effortless chic approach.