In the past year, Clean Beauty Ambassador Hailey Bieber has had her fair share of red carpet looks, from her iconic Met Gala winged eye and pink gown combo to her unforgettable Golden Globes After-Party glam. But Hailey’s latest red carpet was a bit more personal. For the premiere of her husband’s YouTube Originals docuseries Justin Bieber: Seasons, Hailey opted for a more intimate look: a sheer black dress from designer Zuhair Murad, strappy 90s-inspired Sergio Rossi heels and bold Messika diamond hoops.
And of course, her glam wouldn’t be complete without a fresh, glowing look created with clean bareMinerals beauty. “We wanted the makeup to have an effortless, chic approach, so I used natural warm tones to enhance her features just enough,” says celebrity makeup artist Mary Phillips. “The inspiration was 90’s supermodel,” she shares, and she turned to mineral makeup “because of its purity — when there are no harsh chemicals in products it’s better for the skin and the environment.”
The can’t-miss ingredient for creating this look? New MINERALIST Hydra-Smoothing Lipstick. “I’m a big fan of creamy lipsticks,” Mary explains. “They help lips achieve a more nourished and beautiful appearance.” For Hailey’s premiere makeup, Mary combined two neutral shades of the new vegan formula for the perfect hydrating color.
Below, we’re breaking down Hailey’s look, step-by-step. You might not be attending a red carpet premiere anytime soon, but this effortless wash of color is perfect for any occasion — even if you’re just watching Justin Bieber: Seasons from the comfort of your couch.
What to use:
GEN NUDE Eyeshadow Palette in Latte
BOUNCE & BLUR Eyeshadow Palette in Dusk
ONE FINE LINE Micro Precision Eyeliner in shade Accurate Espresso
LASHTOPIA Mega Volume Mineral-Based Mascara
LOVE EVERY LASH Micro Defining Mascara
BROW MASTER Sculpting Pencil
ENDLESS SUMMER Bronzer in shade Warmth
GEN NUDE Powder Blush in shade Let’s Go Nude
ENDLESS GLOW Highlighter in shade Free
GEN NUDE UNDER OVER Lip Liner in shade Freestyle
MINERALIST Hydra-Smoothing Lipstick in shades Presence and Focus
DEW MIST Setting Spray (optional)
How to get Hailey’s look:
- For Hailey’s eyes, Mary used a combination of warm tones, create an effortless, blurred look. She first used the GEN NUDE Eyeshadow Palette in Latte, blending the shade Solstice all over Hailey’s lid with The Blender Brush. For added dimension, she smudged the same shade underneath her lower lash line as well.
- To add more warmth, Mary then tapped on the shade Crimson Sunset from the BOUNCE & BLUR Eyeshadow Palette in Dusk.
- Next, Mary gently lined the top lash line with ONE FINE LINE Micro Precision Eyeliner, smudging out any harshness with the Smoky Eye Smudger Brush. She used the shade Accurate Espresso for soft color that still added depth.
- To finish the eyes, Mary coated Hailey’s top lashes with LASHTOPIA Mega Volume Mineral-Based Mascara and her bottom lashes with LOVE EVERY LASH Micro Defining Mascara.
- To define Hailey’s brows, Mary added a few hair-like strokes with the BROW MASTER Sculpting Pencil, diffusing the color and brushing her brow hairs up with the spoolie brush on the end of the pencil.
- Next, Mary lightly contoured Hailey’s cheeks with ENDLESS SUMMER Bronzer, brushing on GEN NUDE Powder Blush in shade Let’s Go Nude on top.
- For even more warmth on the apples of the cheeks, Mary used her fingers to tap on BOUNCE & BLUR Powder Blush in Coral Cloud.
- As a final touch of all-over glow, Mary applied ENDLESS GLOW Highlighter down the bridge of Hailey’s nose and on the high points of her cheeks.
- For Hailey’s lips, Mary lined the outer edges with GEN NUDE UNDER OVER Lip Liner in shade Freestyle. She then mixed two shades of MINERALIST Hydra-Smoothing Lip Color — Presence and Focus — to create a warm nude-brown color.
PRO TIP: “You can spray the DEW MIST Setting Spray for an illuminating glow and long-lasting hydration,” Mary says.