You might not think of concealer as contour makeup, but using a creamy, long lasting stick concealer is one of the easiest ways to achieve a gently sculpted, photo-ready look. And guess what? We just launched a certain BAREPRO 16-Hour Full Coverage Concealer that’s up for the task…
How to Contour and Highlight Your Face with Concealer
1. Select two shades of concealer, one that is 2-3 intensities deeper and one that is 2-3 intensities lighter than your skin tone, depending on your desired level of contrast.
2. Apply the deeper concealer shade in the hollows of your cheeks to sculpt and define cheekbones and along the sides of your forehead near the hairline to visually shorten the forehead.
3. Using light pressure, use the Shade & Diffuse Eye Brush to apply the darker shade along sides of your nose for a slimming effect.
4. Apply the lighter highlighting shade directly above the darker contour shade on your cheeks, down the bridge of your nose, center of your forehead and chin to bring light to the center of your face.
5. Using the Blurring Buffer Brush, buff in the lighter highlight areas first with long back and forth strokes, then blend in the deeper contour areas.
6. Use the Shade & Diffuse Eye Brush to blend your nose contour.
And that’s it! It’s (actually) that easy to master subtle, you-but-improved contouring. You can keep the chart handy while you’re perfecting your technique, but we’re pretty confident you’ll have the hang of it in no time.
This is part of our series of 4 Easy, Essential Concealer Techniques. Learn how to use BAREPRO 16-Hour Full Coverage Concealer to cover dark circles and check back to learn even more natural-looking concealer tricks and tips.