Glowing skin is in, but that doesn’t mean there’s no room for powder in your beauty routine. In this tutorial, celebrity makeup artist Kira Nasrat guides us through a soft, rosy makeup look using MATTE Loose Mineral Foundation — and it still leaves skin looking radiant as ever. The key is to apply the matte foundation in the t-zone (aka the forehead, nose, and chin), so the glowy makeup gets all the attention.
To complement the glowing clean beauty look, Nasrat adds subtle eyeshadow, mauve blush and MINERALIST Hydra-Smoothing Lipstick in the shade Confidence, a beautiful carnation pink.
Check out Kira’s video tutorial, and follow the steps below to create your own soft, glowing makeup look.
What to use:
BROW MASTER Sculpting Pencil (Minori’s shade is Chestnut)
BAREPRO 16-Hour Full Coverage Concealer (Minori’s shades are Medium Warm and Tan Warm)
BOUNCE & BLUR Eyeshadow Palette in Dusk
Smoky Eye Smudger Brush
The Blender Brush
LASTING LINE Long-Wearing Eyeliner in shade Eternal Bronze
LOVE EVERY LASH Micro Defining Mascara
BOUNCE & BLUR Blush in shade Mauve Sunrise
Dual Finish Blush & Contour Brush
ENDLESS GLOW Highlighter in shade Joy
MINERALIST Hydra-Smoothing Lipstick in shade Confidence
Double-Ended Perfect Fill Lip Brush
MOXIE Plumping Lipgloss in shade Rebel
MATTE Loose Mineral Foundation (Minori’s shade is Golden Medium 14)
Beautiful Finish Brush
How to get the look:
- First, fill in the sparse areas of your eyebrows using BROW MASTER Sculpting Pencil.
- Using your finger, gently tap BAREPRO 16-Hour Full Coverage Concealer onto any blemishes or areas of redness. Use a slightly lighter shade of the concealer to brighten the undereye area.
- Next, use the Smoky Eye Smudger Brush to apply the shade Evening Star from the BOUNCE & BLUR Eyeshadow Palette in Dusk to the center of your eyelid. To give your eyes a bit of dimension, apply the shade Crimson Sunset to the inner and outer corners of your lids, as well as your lower lash line. Using the Blender Brush, apply Evening Star under your brow bone (to blend the look), as well as at the inner corners of your eyes.
- Apply LASTING LINE Long-Wearing Eyeliner in shade Eternal Bronze to the outer corners of your upper lash line, using the opposite end of the eyeliner to blend it out.
- Finish your eyes with LOVE EVERY LASH Micro Defining Mascara.
- Add a rosy glow by applying BOUNCE & BLUR Blush in shade Mauve Sunrise to the apples of your cheeks with the Dual Finish Blush & Contour Brush. Using the same brush, sweep ENDLESS GLOW Highlighter in the shade Joy to the tops of your cheeks. You can also use your fingers to tap a small amount onto your cupid’s bow for extra glow.
- Starting in the center of your lips, apply MINERALIST Hydra-Smoothing Lipstick in the shade Confidence, a carnation pink. Blend out the lipstick using the Double-Ended Perfect Fill Lip Brush. For a glossy finish, apply MOXIE Plumping Lipgloss in the shade Rebel.
- The final touch is to mattify the t-zone using MATTE Loose Mineral Foundation. Using the Beautiful Finish Brush, buff the powder onto your forehead, nose and chin.