If your first thought when seeing MINERALIST Hydra-Smoothing Lipstick was, “I want to try them all!”, you’re not alone. You’re also in luck — our new Try On feature allows you to test any (and all) shades of MINERALIST from the comfort of home. The easy-to-use digital tool requires nothing more than your cell phone. Whether you’re looking for a boost of Focus (a universally-flattering muted mauve) or Inspiration (a juicy cherry red), or just want to play around with color, this tool is for you. (It’s also a great way to relieve stay-at-home boredom, just saying.)
If you haven’t met MINERALIST yet, let us introduce you. Made with just 19 ingredients, this creamy lipstick leaves lips feeling smooth and hydrated — without sacrificing bold color. It also contains 76% naturally derived extracts, including sustainably sourced botanicals like omega-packed, cold-pressed Sea Buckthorn Fruit Oil; Olive Oil and antioxidant-rich Pomegranate Extract to hydrate, nourish and replenish for softer, smoother lips. Each MINERALIST Lipstick shade is inspired by the healing powers of natural minerals, crystals and gemstones, and the formula is free of unnecessary additives like parabens, phthalates, synthetic fragrance and mineral oil.
Here’s how to try on from home:
1. From your phone, go to the MINERALIST Lipstick product page and click the TRY ON button below the product image
2. Press ALLOW to give access to your camera
3. Swipe through the lipstick shades and select a color
4. Click the TAKE PHOTO button
5. Click DOWNLOAD PHOTO to download the image of you with your new lipstick shade onto your mobile device or desktop computer
6. Share on social media and with friends
Don’t know where to begin? Here are some tips from our Global Makeup Artist, Carly Giglio, for your virtual try on session:
- Which shades are you normally drawn to? If you’re not sure, look in your makeup bag; we tend to gravitate to color families we already own.
- If you want to try something new, go for opposite of what you normally wear! For instance, if you’re used to nude pinks (like the shade Grace), see how it looks to go bold. Maybe opt for a brighter color like the shade Wisdom, a bright orchid. Still not sure? Send your pic to a trusted friend for a second opinion.
- Consider your complexion undertone: are you cool, neutral or warm? Colors are similar in undertone to your skin will be the most harmonious. For example, warm complexion undertones would probably work well with a bright warm orange like the shade Energy.
- The great thing about trying things on virtually is that you don’t have to worry about wiping off the color or making a mess, so don’t be afraid to experiment.