The holiday season is almost over, but not without one last (major) celebration. New Year’s Eve parties are a great excuse to bust out your sparkliest dresses — with makeup to match. Because you’ll be partying at least until midnight, you’ll need a look that’ll stay put for hours, without compromising all the glitter and glow the season requires. Luckily, celebrity makeup artist and highlighter queen Nam Vo (@namvo) is here to provide New Year’s Eve makeup inspiration that’ll keep you glowing all night long. The look features a bronzy eye, a dewy complexion and a bold red lip — everything you need to celebrate in style. Follow along and get ready to ring in 2020 with a bang.
To create this New Year’s Eve makeup, Nam used:
BAREPRO Performance Wear Liquid Foundation SPF 20 (Tenzing’s shade is Sandalwood)
Complexion Perfector Brush
COMPLEXION RESCUE Hydrating Foundation Stick SPF 25 (Tenzing’s shade is Sienna)
Smoothing Face Brush
BAREPRO 16-Hour Full Coverage Concealer (Tenzing uses Tan)
BOUNCE & BLUR Eyeshadow Palette in Dusk
Expert Shadow & Liner Brush
LASTING LINE Long-Wearing Eyeliner in Absolute Black
LASHTOPIA Mega-Volume Mineral-Based Mascara
BAREPRO GLOW Highlighter in shade Free
BOUNCE & BLUR Blush in shade Mauve Sunrise
STATEMENT UNDER OVER Lip Liner in shade 100%
STATEMENT Matte Liquid Lipstick in shade VIP
ENDLESS GLOW Highlighter in shade Whimsy
Diffused Highlighter Brush
MINERAL VEIL Finishing Powder
Blooming Blush Brush
To get the look:
- Buff the BAREPRO Performance Wear Liquid Foundation SPF 20 onto your skin using the Complexion Perfector Brush. For a lit-from-within look, Nam recommends opting for one shade lighter than your complexion.
- Contour your face by applying COMPLEXION RESCUE Hydrating Foundation Stick SPF 25 along your jawline, hollows of your cheeks, and hairline. Blend it in using the Complexion Perfector Brush, then the Smoothing Face Brush.
- To finish off the complexion, apply BAREPRO 16-Hour Full Coverage Concealer under your eyes and any other areas of discoloration. Blend in with the Smoothing Face Brush. Finally, dab some onto the eyelids with your finger to create a smooth base for eyeshadow.
- To create a New Year’s Eve eyeshadow look, first apply the shade Evening Star from the BOUNCE & BLUR Eyeshadow Palette all over your lid using the Expert Shadow & Liner Brush. Then, buff in Harvest Moon, a coppery bronze shade, with the Blender Brush. Add a pop of color by applying Crimson Sunset onto the top lash line using the Expert Shadow & Liner Brush, blending upward to disperse the pigment.
- Create subtle dimension by applying LASTING LINE Long-Wearing Eyeliner under the top lash line. Then, brush on a coat of LASHTOPIA Mega-Volume Mineral-Based Mascara.
- Add some glow with BAREPRO GLOW Highlighter in shade Free on the tops of your cheeks. Apply with the Complexion Perfector Brush, then blend in with your fingers.
- With your fingers again, apply BOUNCE & BLUR Blush to the apples of your cheeks.
- For a statement lip that’s sure to impress, line your lips with STATEMENT UNDER OVER Lip Liner in 100%, a cherry red. Fill in with STATEMENT Matte Liquid Lipstick in shade VIP.
- For the finishing touches, brush ENDLESS GLOW Highlighter in shade Whimsy on top of your liquid highlighter with the Diffused Highlighter Brush. Then, apply MINERAL VEIL Finishing Powder to areas you want to mattify using the Blooming Blush Brush.
Voila! You’re ready to party.